While COVID-19 has delayed the launch of the full exhibit (at NorthPark Center in Dallas, TX) until 2021, IF/THEN® has arranged for a preview of the exhibit!
Six statues at the Central Park Zoo in New York City were unveiled August 17, 2020 in partnership with IF/THEN® Coalition Member, Wildlife Conservation Society.
Exhibit Preview from August 17 - December 31, 2020
Exhibit Preview Location
WCS's Central Park Zoo
Central Park at East 64th Street
New York, NY 10021
The six women displayed as statues at the Central Park Zoo preview are all AAAS IF/THEN® Ambassadors working in wildlife conservation:
1. Kristine Inman - Wildlife Biologist, Wildlife Conservation Society
2. Rae Wynn-Grant - Large Carnivore Ecologist, National Geographic Society
3. Dorothy Tovar - Stanford University, Microbiologist focused on bat - human zoonotic disease transmission
4. Jess Cramp - Shark Researcher and Marine Conservationist, Sharks Pacific
5. Earyn McGee - Herpetologist focused on lizards, University of Arizona
6. Kristen Lear - Bat Conservationist, Bat Conservation International
The Central Park Zoo has reopened at reduced capacity. To see the preview for #IfThenSheCan – The Exhibit as well as experience the zoo’s outdoor exhibits and grounds, all visitors must reserve date-specific tickets in advance. Visit the full list of “Know Before You Go” guidelines here.
Another preview at NorthPark Center in Dallas ended November 9. View photos and additional information below.
Exhibit Preview Location
8687 N Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75225
Level One near Macy’s
This preview features 10 statues of AAAS IF/THEN® Ambassadors, representing a variety of professions, including the head team physician for the US Women’s National Soccer Team, a spaceflight engineer, and a polymer chemist for L’Oreal:
1. Erika Anderson - Reliability Engineer, ExxonMobil
2. Dana Bolles - Spaceflight Engineer
3. Raychelle Burks - Professor of Chemistry, American University
4. Minerva Cordero - University Dean, Mathematics, University of Texas at Arlington
5. Sydney Hamilton - Structural Design Engineer, The Boeing Company
6. Ronda Hamm - Educator and Entomologist, Corteva Agriscience
7. Burçin Mutlu-Pakdil - Astrophysicist, Steward Observatory
8. Monica Rho - Sports Medicine Doctor and Medical Educator, US Women’s National Soccer Team
9. Roselin Rosario-Melendéz - Polymer Chemist, L’Oreal USA
10. Chanté Summers - Bio-therapeutic Research Scientist, Pfizer, Inc.